WritePad 9.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch
To enter the text you can simply write with your finger or a stylus (such as Jot Touch - Bluetooth Pressure Sensitive Stylus for iPad ) on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. It also allows easily switching between the handwriting recognition and the standard iPhone keyboard.
In the beginning the recognition quality may depend on your style and how comfortable you feel writing on
the iPhone screen with your finger; however the more you use it, the better it will become as the software will
adapt to your patterns. In addition, you can use simple finger gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste,
insert special characters such as space and return, invoke the spell checker for the selected word, correct
recognized text, and more. You can further improve recognition quality by modifying the user dictionary and
the Autocorrector word list.
Even if you are already familiar with handwriting recognition applications, we recommend that you review the WritePad Tutorial to take full advantage of all features WritePad offers.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPhone. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
Major new features in WritePad 9.0 include
- Apple Watch Extension - allows users to view, create, and modify WritePad notes on the Apple Watch, while supporting multiple folders and immediate updates between Watch, iPhone, and iCloud
- Fully localized in 7 languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Dutch
- Improved handwriting recognition and user experience
Benefits and Features
- Create, view, and modify text documents.
- Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Organize WritePad documents in the hierachical folder structure and search documents for characters or words.
- Select, cut, copy, and paste text between different files
- Send text files via email or transfer files from (to) another iPhone.
- Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate your documents to other languages using built-in support for Bing Translator.
- Supported languages: English (US, UK, US Medical), German, French, Indonesian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian and European), Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, and Spanish.
- Apple iPhone or iPod Touch
- Optional Apple Watch
- Apple iOS 8.2 or later
- On your iPhone access the Apple iTunes AppStore and select the WritePad application.
- Touch the BUY button. It will change to the INSTALL button; touch it again.
- When download begins iTunes will prompt for your login name and password.
- Once installation is complete the WritePad icon will be added to your home screen. Touch the WritePad icon to start the application.
Note: product links on the page will take you directly to product pages on iTunes Apps Store site. iTunes 8.0 or later is required to view product pages.