WritePad for iPad 9.2
WritePad lets you take notes in your own handwriting with your finger or an iPad stylus. The state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn your style of writing. You can use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
In the beginning the recognition quality may depend on your style and how comfortable you feel writing on
the iPad screen with your finger; however the more you use it, the better it will become as the software will
adapt to your patterns. In addition, you can use simple finger gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste,
insert special characters such as space and return, invoke the spell checker for the selected word, correct
recognized text, and more. You can further improve recognition quality by modifying the user dictionary and
the Autocorrector word list.
Even if you are already familiar with handwriting recognition applications, we recommend that you review the WritePad Tutorial to take full advantage of all features WritePad offers.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPad. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPad and iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
New features in WritePad 9
- Optimized for iOS 9
- Support for Indonesian language
- Completely redesigned handwriting recognition input panel includes many improvements, even a calculator
- WritePad handwriting recognition input panel can now be selected as a custom keyboard and used in all other applications
- Improved integration with iCloud and other cloud services allows to import/export text files stores on the cloud.
Benefits and Features
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
- Supported languages: English (US, UK, US Medical), German, French, Indonesian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian and European), Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, and Spanish.
- Apple iPad
- Apple iOS 8.4 or later
Installing WritePad for iPad
- On your iPad access the Apple iTunes AppStore and select the WritePad for iPad application.
- Touch the BUY button. It will change to the INSTALL button; touch it again.
- When download begins iTunes will prompt for your login name and password.
- Once installation is complete the WritePad icon will be added to your home screen. Touch the WritePad icon to start the application.