WritePad 3.6 for Android
WritePad's is a new input method for Android OS which aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven multilingual handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad supports most Android Smartphones and Tablets and is especially useful on pen-enabled Android Tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Jetstream and others.
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app's inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad's state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user's style of writing.
24-hour free trial version of WritePad can be downloaded here.
Key WritePad features:
- Advanced multilingual handwriting recognition engine supports 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Swedish, and Spanish.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Shorthand feature that fills-in frequently used words and phrases once entered into the Shorthand Editor and allows to enter current date and time.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with autocomplete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- Four basic recognition modes: cursive/mixed or print for general text entry; Numeric for entering numbers and phone numbers; and Internet for entering email addresses and URLs.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
- Letter shape selector allows users to further improve recognition quality by disabling unused letter shapes.
- Android-powerd Tablet or Smartphone
- ARM, MIPS, or x86 CPU
- Android OS 2.3 or later
New Features in version 3
- Vastly improved multilingual handwriting recognition engine now supports eleven languages, including English, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Spanish.
- New shorthand feature, which allows users to insert current date and time and repetitive text by writing a short name on the app's input panel.
- Quickly switch between languages by holding the keyboard button above the writing panel.
- Improved keyboard look and performance.
- User Interface is now localized in 5 languages, including English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- New option to import/export user dictionary and Autocorrector list allows users to share recognizer data between applications and platforms.
- Overall performance and application stability improvements.