PhatWare Releases WritePad 5.2 Handwriting Recognition App for Android
WritePad handwriting recognition input method for Android now supports 12 languages and newest Android devices, including support for 64-bit architecture.
Spokane, WA - March 31, 2015 - PhatWare Corporation, a leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of WritePad 5.2 - popular handwriting recognition input method for Android mobile phones and tablets. WritePad was designed to deliver considerably faster note-taking by offering dynamic suggestions for words and phrases as a user writes. The new version has been optimized for HD Android devices and features handwriting recognition in 12 languages, now including support for Indonesian.
WritePad is an input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad has been optimized for the best performance on a variety of latest Android Tables and Smartphones and is especially useful on pen-enabled tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Note.
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology, which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app's inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad's state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user's style of writing as it is being used.
Key WritePad features
- Reliable handwriting recognition in 12 languages including English (US and UK), Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (BR and EU), Swedish, and Spanish languages
- Seamless integration with any Android application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Editable user dictionary and auto-corrector word list to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with auto-complete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with the single touch of a button.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
WritePad Availability and Pricing WritePad 5.2 is available now and is sold through the Android Market, Amazon, Samsung App Store, and other authorized resellers and is priced at $9.99. A free 3-day trial version of WritePad is also available and can be downloaded from PhatWare web site. For more information about WritePad for Android, visit www.phatware.com/writepadandroid or directly at Google Play store at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.phatware.writepad.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, notetaking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright ©2015 PhatWare Corp. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.