PhatWare Releases WritePad Handwriting Recognition SDK 5.0 for Android OS
WritePad SDK 5.0 enables third-party app developers to leverage state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for Android OS. WritePad SDK now supports 12 languages in a single library, features improved recognition quality, and support for additional CPUs and sample project for Android Studio.
Spokane, WA - March 11, 2015 - PhatWare Corporation, a leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android OS. The WritePad SDK 5.0 is now optimized for the Android OS 5.x and Android NDK 10d providing native support for arm, armv-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x64, mips, and mips64 CPUs. For additional information about WritePad SDK for Android, please visit http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepadsdk/android.
New features in the WritePad SDK 5.0
- Improved handwriting recognition quality and support for Indonesian language.
- Support Android 4.x, including arm, armv-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x64, mips, and mips64 architectures.
- Added new API to recognize individual characters, numbers, and punctuation symbols.
- Updated sample code for Android OS 5.x including sample project for Android Studio.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Supports 12 languages, including English (US, UK), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries for all supported CPUs, dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C/C++ and Java allowing easy integration with new or existing Android applications or devices. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, notetaking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2015. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.