PhatWare Releases WritePad Handwriting Recognition SDK for iOS 8
WritePad SDK enables app developers and OEMs to leverage state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software updated for iOS 8. The new version of the SDK features improved handwriting recognition engine, updated dictionaries and new sample code that leverages new features found in iOS 8.
Spokane, WA - October 23, 2014 - PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of multiplatform, multilingual handwriting recognition WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) for iOS 8. The WritePad SDK 4.5 for iOS is now optimized for the latest version of iOS 8, supporting arm7, arm7s, and arm64 architectures, and features improved handwriting recognition engine, updated dictionaries, and vastly improved sample code updated for Xcode 6 and iOS 8.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. Developers can download free SDK evaluation by visiting PhatWare’s web site at www.phatware.com/developer.
WritePad SDK for iOS Features
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Supports iOS 6 though iOS 8, including armv7, armv7s, and arm64 architectures.
WritePad SDK for iOS is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine universal static library for multiple device architectures and iOS simulator, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code in Objective-C. In addition to iOS, WritePad SDK is also available on Android OS, Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 and Windows Phone.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, notetaking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2014. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product and company names herein may be registered trademarks of their respective owners.