PhatWare Releases WritePad Handwriting Recognition SDK for Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone
WritePad SDK enables third-party application developers and OEMs to take maximum advantage of state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone. The new version of the SDK has been optimized for Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, and Visual Studio 2013 and features an improved handwriting recognition engine, enhanced APIs supporting UNICODE (UTF-16) text encoding for better compatibility, updated documentation and sample code.
Spokane, WA – July 1, 2014 - PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of multiplatform, multilingual handwriting recognition WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) for Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone. The WritePad SDK is now optimized for the Windows 8.1 supporting Desktop, Metro, and WinRT development, and Windows Phone 8.1, including support for ARM, X86, and X64 architectures. The SDK also features improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16) APIs for better compatibility with different operating systems. WritePad SDK sample code and documentation have been also updated, including new universal Windows Metro/Windows Phone sample.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. To request free evaluation online, inquire about commercial pricing, and for more information about the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare’s web site at www.phatware.com/developer.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 and Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 including x86, x64, and ARM architectures.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK for Windows and Windows Phone is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine libraries (DLLs) for Metro, Desktop, and Phone development, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C/C++ and C#. In addition to Windows and Windows Phone, WritePad SDK is also available on iOS and Android OS. To request a free evaluation copy the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare web site at http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepadsdk/evaluation.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, notetaking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2014. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.