PhatWare's new ultimate writing app for iPhone and iPad renamed as WritePad Pro
WritePad Pro, formerly WritePro, offers powerful word processing, note-taking, handwriting recognition and collaboration for users of iPhones and iPads
Spokane, WA - April 14, 2014 - PhatWare Corp. announces it has renamed its new WritePro word processing app for iPhone and iPad as WritePad Pro. PhatWare has decided to change the app name to leverages the strong brand awareness and foundational technology of PhatWare's popular WritePad app and handwriting recognition SDK.
WritePad Pro, which builds upon WritePad's powerful handwriting recognition technology, adds rich text editing which can be combined with images, custom drawings, and text. The app also integrates with various system resources such as email, contacts, maps, iCloud, social networks, and others. WritePad Pro creates HTML and PDF documents and can open text, Microsoft Word, RTF and HTML files for editing.
To speed-up note-taking, WritePad Pro offers advanced shorthand features which enable users to format text using written commands. Users can scribble shorthand commands to change font, paragraph and other formatting options, insert emotions and user-defined text blocks, invoke translator, maps and other system resources, and much more.
For those who must collaborate with people in other countries, WritePad Pro offers superior integration with an online language translator. Notes can be written in English, for example, which can be automatically converted to Spanish or fifteen other common languages.
Document sharing is a key element of WritePad Pro, offering a large number of ways to share and collaborate with documents. WritePad Pro documents are standard HTML files which can be viewed on any computer using any modern Internet browser and can be easily shared via HTML email, Twitter, Facebook and iMessage. Documents can further be synchronized with Box, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud, Evernote, and Google Drive. Users can also print and export documents as PDFs.
WritePad Pro's main features include:
- Handwriting recognition, including self-learning adaptive handwriting recognition engine, statistical vocabulary analyzer, and multilingual support (English (UK, US), German, French, Spanish, Portuguese (BR, EU), Italian, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish)
- Spell checker with user dictionary and customizable auto-corrector
- Customizable shorthand commands
- Supported document formats include text, HTML, RTF, and Microsoft Word.
- Text formatting includes all standard options, including font formats (size, face, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, and color) and paragraph formats (alignment, ordered list, unordered list, hierarchical lists, and indent)
- Sketch capability – allowing users to insert custom drawings or handwritten text into HTML documents
- Integration with contacts, maps, events, email and iCloud
- Social media support, including the ability to post to Twitter or Facebook from within the app
WritePad Pro Availability and Pricing
WritePad Pro is a universal app for both iPhone and iPad and is available now in the iTunes App Store for special introductory price of only US$9.99. For more information about WritePad Pro, please visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/writepadpro.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note-taking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2014. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.