PhatWare Updates WritePad Handwriting Recognition App for Latest Android Devices
New WritePad update has been optimized for Android 4.4 KitKat featuring improved user interface and handwriting recognition performance as well as support for Android powered by Intel x86 and MIPS processors.
Spokane, WA - November 27, 2013 - PhatWare Corporation has updated the WritePad for Android app, vastly improving text input in the user's own handwriting with a stylus or even a finger. WritePad is now optimized for latest version of Android OS and offers support for devices powered by Intel x86 and MIPS processors. WritePad has further been optimized for Android OS 4.4 KitKat and includes improved user interface and handwriting recognition performance.
WritePad's input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad has been optimized for the best performance on a variety of Android Tables and Phones, including Asus Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Note, Motorola XOOM, Asus Transformer, and others. It is especially useful on pen-enabled tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Note.
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application.
While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app’s inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user's style of writing.
Key WritePad features include
- Reliable handwriting recognition in English, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Spanish languages.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with auto-complete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- The shorthand feature, which allows users to insert current date and time and repetitive text by writing a short name on the app’s input panel. Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 3.6 is available now and is sold through Android Market and other authorized resellers and is priced at $9.99. A free 24 hours trial version of WritePad 3.6 for Android is also available and can be downloaded from PhatWare web site. For more information about WritePad for Android, visit http://www.phatware.com/writepadandroid.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as PenOffice®, PhatPad®, WritePad®, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
© PhatWare Corp. 2013. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the USA and/or other countries. Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc.