PhatWare Releases Major Upgrade of WritePad Handwriting Recognition SDK for iOS
WritePad SDK enables third-party app developers to leverage state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for iOS 7.0. WritePad SDK now supports 11 languages in a single library and features improved recognition quality.
Spokane, WA - November 11, 2013 - PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for iOS 7.0. The WritePad SDK 4.0 is now optimized for iOS 7.0 including support for new 64-bit architecture, features improved word segmentation, and significantly improved sample code demonstrating Write Anywhere mode and dynamic recognition suggestions.
New features in the WritePad SDK
- Handwriting recognition engine is now packaged as a single static library for all supported languages, enabling the support of handwriting recognition for several different languages in a single app.
- Support for iOS 7, including armv7, armv7s, and arm64 architectures.
- Improved recognition quality of individual letters and words in print and cursive modes.
- Significantly improved sample code demonstrating enhanced SDK features.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine universal static library for multiple device architectures and iOS simulator, dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in Objective-C.
WritePad SDK for iOS enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. To request free evaluation online, inquire about commercial pricing, and for more information about the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare’s web site at www.phatware.com/developer.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note-taking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2013. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.