PhatWare Releases WritePad SDK for Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8
WritePad SDK enables third-party app developers to leverage state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. WritePad SDK now supports 11 languages in a single library and features improved recognition quality.
Spokane, WA - September 9, 2013 - PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of the new version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for Microsoft Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8. The new version of the WritePad SDK now features the smallest and fastest handwriting recognition engine on the market. WritePad SDK supports 11 languages in a single static library, making it perfect for embedded devices and applications.
WritePad SDK for Windows and Windows Phone enables handwriting-based text input which automatically converts to text in third-party applications on Windows-based devices. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing.
New features in the WritePad SDK
- Handwriting recognition engine is now packaged as a single static library for all supported languages, enabling the support of handwriting recognition for several different languages in a single app.
- Support for Windows 8 (Desktop and Metro; x86, x64), Windows RT (Metro; x86, x64, ARM) and Windows Phone 8 (x86, ARM).
- Support for seven new languages, bringing the total count of supported languages to 11, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Improved recognition quality of individual letters and words in print and cursive modes.
- Extended digital ink manipulation and serialization API.
- Updated sample code that demonstrations how to call native WritePad API from .NET and Windows Store applications.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C++ and C# allowing easy integration with new or existing Windows applications or devices. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based.
For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as PenOffice®, PhatPad®, WritePad®, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.
© PhatWare Corp. 2013. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the USA and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks and copyrights of Microsoft.