PhatWare Releases WritePad SDK 3.0 for Android
The new generation of the state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software for Android OS now supports 11 languages in a single library and features improved recognition quality.
Spokane, WA – March 13, 2012 - PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of the new major version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android OS. The new version of the WritePad SDK now features smallest and fastest handwriting recognition engine on the market supporting 11 languages in a single static library, making it perfect for embedded devices and applications.
WritePad SDK is a natural, style, writer, and lexicon independent multilingual handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK for Android OS enables handwriting recognition based text input in third party applications on Android devices. The WritePad SDK as well as WritePad application is also available for OEM licensing.
New features in the WritePad SDK 3.0
- Handwriting recognition engine is now packaged as a single static library for all supported languages, enabling the support of handwriting recognition for several different languages in a single app.
- Support for seven new languages, bringing the total count of supported languages to 11, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Improved recognition quality of individual letters and words in print and cursive modes.
- Extended digital ink manipulation and serialization API.
- Updated sample code that demonstrations how to call native WritePad API from Java application.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in C and Java allowing easy integration with new or existing Android applications or devices. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.