PhatWare Releases PhatPad 2.0 for iPad Featuring Multilingual Handwriting Recognition
Major update of popular collaboration app optimized for iOS 5 and features multilingual handwriting recognition engine supporting seven languages and improved text formatting.
Spokane, WA – February 1, 2012 - PhatWare has announced today the major new release of PhatPad for iPad, a note-taking and collaboration app featuring PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology. PhatPad 2.0 is optimized for iOS 5 and features new multilingual handwriting recognition technology supporting seven languages, including English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
The company has also created the multilingual user interface for PhatPad. It is now available in English, French, and German. Further, the text-formatting feature has also been improved, letting users quickly change the format of text labels without creating new styles.
More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, or in PhatPad's presentation mode.
PhatPad's key features include:
- Smooth-flowing digital ink technology, which lets iPad users scribble notes as if they are writing on real paper;
- The ability to combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content;
- A powerful multilingual handwriting recognition engine, which automatically converts handwritten notes into text;
- Voice notes - record, play, and use in presentation mode;
- An advanced Presentation mode, which supports a VGA monitor and allows recording and playing presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice;
- PhatPad Document sharing using Dropbox synchronization, Google Docs and Evernote upload, direct access via WiFi or iTunes, and email;
- Printing to a printer on wireless network via AirPrint.
The beauty of PhatPad as a note-taking, collaboration and brainstorming tool, is that it allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures, drawings, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine allows PhatPad users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad's Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.
A video demonstration of PhatPad is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=t55Y6M-hriQ.
PhatPad Availability and Pricing
PhatPad 2.0 is available in the iTunes App Store at a reduced price of only $4.99. The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user’s choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for PhatPad 2.0 for $4.99. For more information about PhatPad, visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/phatpad.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.