PhatWare Releases PhatPad 1.3
Latest PhatPad update features vast Clipart gallery containing more than 1,200 images organized in 27 categories, support for iPad II camera, integration with Google Docs and more.
Mountain View, CA, April 27, 2011 - PhatWare has announced today the release of a new version of PhatPad for iPad, a note-taking and collaboration app featuring PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology. More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, or in PhatPad's presentation mode.
The new PhatPad version now includes a Clipart gallery containing over 1,200 images and supports the iPad II camera, allowing users to enhance their notes and presentations with colorful graphics. It also features improved file manager with Dropbox synchronization and an ability to upload PhatPad documents to Google Docs as a PDF.
PhatPad's key features include:
- Smooth-flowing digital ink technology which lets iPad users scribble notes as if they are writing on real paper;
- The ability to combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content;
- Powerful handwriting recognition engine which automatically converts handwritten notes into text;
- Voice notes - record, play, and use in presentation mode;
- Advanced Presentation mode supports VGA monitor and allows recording and playing presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice;
- PhatPad Document sharing using Dropbox synchronization, Google Docs upload, direct access via WiFi or iTunes, and email;
- Printing to a printer on wireless network via AirPrint.
The beauty of PhatPad as a note-taking, collaboration and brainstorming tool, is that it allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures, drawings, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine allows PhatPad users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard. PhatPad documents can be synchronized with the desktop computer via iTunes or Dropbox, exchanged between two or more devices on the local WiFi network, printed, emailed, or exported to PDF.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad's Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.A video demonstration of PhatPad is available at http://www.phatware.com/phatpad. PhatPad is available in the iTunes App Store for $7.99. For more information about PhatPad, visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/phatpad
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.