PhatWare Releases WritePad 5 for iPad, Now Featuring Evernote Synchronization
WritePad, the iPad note-taking app with PhatWare’s handwriting recognition engine, features synchronization with Evernote, integration with Google Docs, and more.
Mountain View, CA, April 20, 2011 - PhatWare has released a major update of WritePad, its popular note taking and handwriting recognition software for iPad and iPhone devices. WritePad 5.0 allows synchronizing WritePad documents with Evernote, plus offers an improved handwriting recognition engine, document statistics, and the ability to upload documents to Google Docs as PDF or text.
"We are pleased to introduce WritePad synchronization with Evernote, which has probably been the most requested feature in recent months," said Stan Miasnikov, president of PhatWare Corp. "WritePad’s handwriting recognition engine, called by some as Star Trek-like technology, makes the on-screen soft keyboard obsolete."
WritePad is an advanced notetaker for iPads and iPhones which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be emailed, Tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook Wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other system resources.
With WritePad, users can:
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
A video demonstration of WritePad is available at http://www.phatware.com/writepad.
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad for iPad 5.0 for English language is available now in the iTunes App Store for $9.99. International versions of WritePad 5.0 will be available soon. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare's web site at http://www.phatware.com/writepad.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit www.phatware.com.